Last week, we had another weekend double header. The second matchup saw Brendan’s Tau taking on Jason’s Thousand Sons forces.
The game was ran using Power Levels.
Tau: 75 PL
Thousand Sons: 74 PL
Only War Mission:
We used the Open War cards to decide what the game type would be.
- The Objective: Take & Hold was the objective for the game. Place one objective marker at the center of the battlefield. Each of the players then sets up one objective marker in their deployment zone. At the end of a player’s turn, they score 1 victory point for each objective marker they control. If the objective was also controlled by the player at the end of their last turn, they score 3 victory points instead. The player with the most victory points at the end of the fifth battle round is the winner.
- The Twist: Orbital Debris was drawn. Each player rolls 3 dice at the start of their turn. For each roll of 6, they may pick a separate enemy unit and
inflict D3 mortal wounds upon it.
- The Ruse: Revenge! for the Thousand Sons. If Magnus was slain. For the rest of the battle, the Thousand Sons can add 1 to the wound rolls made for all model.
Using the Open War cards, the Dawn of War map was selected.
Battalion Detachment — Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit, Longstrike, (3) Strike Team of five Fire Warrors, (1) unit of three XV8 Crisis Battlesuits, (2) TX4 Piranhas, TX7 Hammerhead Gunship, AX39 Sun Shark Bomber
Unbound Imperium Detachment — Culexus Assassin, Vindicare Assassin
Jason’s Thousand Sons:
Patrol Detachment — The Changeling, (1) unit of ten Pink Horrors, (1) unit of three Nurglings.
Supreme Command Detachment — Ahriman on a disc, Exalted Sorcerer on a disc, Sorcerer in Terminator Armor, (1) unit of five Scarab Occult Terminators and Magnus the Red
We have more photos available to view on Google Photos.
Highlights and Score Breakdown
- Brendan: “Smite is BS!”
- Jason: “Smite is great!” (was rolling hot!!)
- Magnus once again proved to be hard to handle. Flying around smiting and assaulting unit after unit, while being buffed by his loyal sorcerers.
- All the dice roles (for both players) were either really hot (lots of 6’s) or really cold (lots of 1’s).
Brendan: 5 VP
Jason: 18 VP
Magnus lead the Thousand Sons to a victory, with the Tau admitting defeat after four rounds of battle.