Our third game of 8th edition saw our first 2v2 battle featuring the Death Guard teaming up with the greater good of the Tau to take on the Imperium forces of the Blood Angels and Astra Militarum
The game was ran using Power Levels. Jason’s Death Guard and Brendan’s Tau were sitting at 105PL, while Max’s Blood Angels and Alejandro’s Astra Militarum were at 106PL
Only War was our mission. The Victory Condition was Ancient Relic.
Long edges of the table (picked by Max).
Patrol Detachment — Typhus, Flying Nurgle Daemon Prince, (1) unit of five Plague Marines, (1) unit of ten Poxwalkers
Super Heavy Detachment — Renegade Imperial Knight
Battalion Detachment — Cadre Fireblade, XV86 Coldstar Commander, (3) unit of five Strike team with Pulse Rifles, (1) unit of three XV8 Crisis Battlesuits, (2) XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits, (1) unit of 10 Pathfinders
Brigade Detachment (shared, keyword Imperium) — Sanguinary Priest, (2) units of five Assault Marines, (1) unit of five Assault Terminators, Land Raider Crusader, Land Raider Redeemer, Siege Dreadnought
Brigade Detachment (shared, keyword Imperium) — Lord Commissar, Creed, (1) unit of forty Conscripts, (4) units of 10 Infantry, (1) Command Squad with 3 flamers, (1) Armored Sentinel, (1) Minostorum Priest
We have more photos available to view on Google Photos.
Highlights and Score Breakdown
- Max took first blood against the Tau
- Jason finally ran the Poxwalkers with Typhus as a bubble and it worked wonderfully.
- Another game that came down to the wire. Dice rolls were everything!
- The relic that was randomly picked happened to be at the top of a VERY TALL ruin. This definitely favored the Tau, but the Blood Angels with their hammernators happened to crawl up the ladder to defeat them…. Only to get beaten away by the Death Guard Knight and Daemon Prince.
- Flying Daemon Princes are no joke!
- A squad of 40 Imperial Guard with Lasguns does A LOT of shooting. It forced Jason to keep his Knight back, just in case…
Jason & Brendan: 6 VP
Max and Alejandro: 0 VP
After 4 rounds, the Imperium just didn’t have enough manpower to confront the fast moving Tau and Death Guard alliance, who flew to the top of the ruins to control the relic for the win.