It’s been awhile since we’ve posted a Battle Report. Here’s a Warhammer Wednesday featuring Shane’s Adeptus Mechanicus v. Jason’s Orks!
The game was ran using Power Levels.
Ad Mech: 52 PL
Orks: 51 PL
Only War Mission:
We used the Open War cards to decide what the game type would be.
- The Objective: Supply Cash was the objective for the game. Each player takes turns placing 3 objectives in their deployment zones. At the start of each player’s turn, they must roll a dice for each marker they control, in any order they wish. If they roll a 6, they have found the supply cache – remove the other markers. The player that controls the supply cache at the end of the fifth battle round wins the battle.
- The Twist: Warp Storm was drawn. Each team added 1 to all Psychic tests and Deny the Witch tests. In addition, add 1 to the number of mortal wounds that a model suffers from Perils of the Warp.
Using the Open War cards, Table Halves were selected.
Adeptus Mechanicus (Forge World Stygies VIII)
Battalion Detachment — (2) Tech-Priest Enginseers, (2) units of three Kataphron Destroyers, Unit five of Skitarri Rangers, Cybernetica Datasmith, unit of two Kastelan Robots, Onager Dunecrawler
Battalion Detachment — Ghazghkull Thraka, (2) Weirdboys, Mob of 29 slugga boyz with a Boss Nob, Mob of 9 slugga boyz with a Boss Nob, (2) Mobs of 8 shoota boyz with a Boss Nob and Big Shoota Boy, Painboy
We have more photos available to view on Google Photos.
Highlights and Score Breakdown
- Shane was first to deploy and used the Clandestine Infiltration stratagem to flank all around the Orks
- Jason wasn’t ready for just how shooty Shane’s forces were going to be. The Ad Mech killed 26 boyz on the first turn of shooting!
- But Ghaz was none too pleased with the Kastelan Robots killing off da ladz and charged in with his mob of boyz. He was so angry, he fought first and pasted the robots. But, Shane used up his last 2 CP and used “Machine Spirits Revenge” to make sure both robots exploded. They only blew up their own datasmith and two boyz.
- The boyz didn’t have have much to hide behind, trying to hold two objectives in the open to hopefully find the supply cache. This just led to round after round of taking on a lot of shooting. The Painboy (definitely Jason’s MVP of the game) tanked sooo many wounds with his FNP.
- In the end, only 8 shoota boyz were left on the table…
Shane: 1 VP
Jason: 0 VP
Neither team was able to find the supply cache after five rounds. With the Adeptus Mechanicus killing off Ghaz (and almost all the boyz), they took home a minor victory!