The battle of the brothers has finally arrived! Guilliman head-to-head against Magnus! Alejandro’s Ultramarines taking on Jason’s Thousand Sons!
The game was ran using Power Levels.
Ultramarines: 88 PL
Thousand Sons: 94 PL
Only War Mission:
We used the Open War cards to decide what the game type would be.
- The Objective: The Prize was the objective for the game. A single objective marker is placed in the middle of the battlefield. The player holding the objective at the end of the game wins.
- The Twist: Set Piece Battle was drawn. Instead of setting up units one at ta time, the player that won the roll-off to see who sets up first must set up all of the units in their army. Their opponent then sets up all of the units in their army.
- The Ruse: Inspiring Speech for the Ultramarines. As long as Guilliman stayed alive, the Imperium units automatically pass Morale tests.
Using the Open War cards, the Containment map was selected. Ultramarines setting up in the middle of the table with Thousand Sons coming in from all corners.
Imperial Battalion Detachment — Inquisitor Coteaz, Company Commander, Lord Commissar, (1) unit of five Intercessor Primaris Marines, (2) squads of Infantry teams, (2) Astropaths, Ministorum Priest, Master of Ordnance, (1) unit of three Ogryn, (1) unit of Veterans, (1) unit of three Scout Sentinels, Valkyrie, (1) squad of three Heavy Support Teams, Basilisk, Wyvern
Ultramarine Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment – Roboute Guilliman
Jason’s Thousand Sons:
Tzeentch Daemon Patrol Detachment — The Changling, (1) unit of Pink Horrors
Thousand Sons Supreme Commander Detachment – Ahriman on a Disc, Exaulted Sorcerer on a Disc, Sorcerer in Terminator Armor, (1) unit of five Scarab Occult Terminators, Magnus the Red
Death Guard Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment – Renegade Knight with Avenger Gatling Cannon and Battle Cannon
We have more photos available to view on Google Photos.
Highlights and Score Breakdown
- This was the very first game featuring Primarchs on the table for the Brookhammer crew!
- Corteaz’s double headed eagle flew at Magnus trying to tear out another eye and ended up damaging him for 1 wound! Meanwhile, Guilliman unloaded his weapons into Magnus doing no damage!
- Magnus tried to assault his brother in the ruins of a building, but failed a 5 inch charge. This left Magnus wide open next turn for a lot of shooting.
- Infantry Squad 408 were so inspired by Guilliman leading the troops they decided it was a good idea to assault the Death Guard Knight. Bad idea, they all perished to overwatch fire.
- Magnus finally flew over to battle his brother on the grounds of the ruins and in the Psychic phase rolled a 12 on his smite, he took the Perils damage but also did 9 mortal wounds onto his brother. Guilliman rolled a 5 and came back to life with 1 wound. Alejandro used a command point to re-roll that die and he instead came back with 5 wounds.
- After that, the sorcerers, terminators and Magnus all piled in to take down Guillman. Magnus attacked first slashing his brother down once more and taking the relic.
Alejandro: 0 VP
Jason: 1 VP
After 3 rounds, Magnus the Red had slain his brother two times to steal away a victory from the Ultramarines. But we doubt this will be the last time the brothers face off against one another…