You’ve seen his Imperial Guard on Instagram and on our site, but today Alejandro wants to share how you can base your growing horde armies quickly and easily!
Materials & Paints
- PVA Glue
- Citadel Mournfang Brown
- Citadel Celestra Gray
- Citadel Ulthuan gray
- Tamiya Acrylic X52 Flat Earth
- Testors Lacquer Top Coat & Thinner, Spray Dullcote
Let’s Get Started!
- PVA Glue. Begin by mixing ¾ PVA glue and ¼ water. Using a brush, Spread over base.
- Sand. Place your miniature in the container moving the base in a clockwise motion, remove from container and slowly tap the base to remove excess sand. Wait at least 2 HOURS. (Optional) add a 50/50 mix on top of PVA glue to seal in sand.
- Applying paint. Apply a thin layer of Citadel Mournfang Brown until you’ve covered all the sand. After it has dried for 30 minutes, begin to drybrush a light layer of Citadel Celestra Gray. Finally, dry brush a small amount of Citadel Ulthuan gray.
- Adding Grass and Tuft. with a brush, apply PVA Glue of desired amount on the base. Place base into grass container and slowly tap the base to remove excess grass. Turn base around and blow on the grass to allow it to spike up. Alternatively, you can sprinkle the grass to your choosing on areas where the PVA glue has been placed. Next, apply Tuft in desired area using tweezers.
- Painting Base Perimeter. Apply Tamiya Acrylic X52 Flat Earth around the base. Wait for it to dry and apply a second coat.
- Dullcoat Seal. Spray Testors Spray Dullcote to seal the base.
Hope you find this quick tutorial useful for basing your army! Here are a few examples of my units, featuring this look…