The second game in our double header on Sunday was a Burn and Pillage match between the ultra shooty Tau and the fast and deadly Blood Angels.
The game was ran using Power Levels.
Blood Angels: 77 PL
Tau: 76 PL
Only War Mission:
We used the Open War cards to decide what the game type would be.
- The Objective: Burn and Pillage was the objective for the game. Each team put 3 objectives in their deployment and each team had to control the objective at the end of their turn to capture it. Once all three on a side where captured, the game was over.
- The Twist: Warp Storm was drawn. Each team added 1 to all Psychic tests and Deny the Witch tests. In addition, add 1 to the number of mortal wounds that a model suffers from Perils of the Warp. But neither team had a Pysker, so the twist was pointless.
- The Ruse: Dug In for the Tau. Any units that are not in cover at the start of the game count as being in cover as long at they remain stationary (they have not moved from where they first deployed).
Using the Open War cards, the Search & Destroy map was selected.
Max’s Blood Angels:
Vanguard Detachment — Dante, (1) unit of five Sanguinary Guard, (1) unit of Assault Terminators, Siege Dreadnought, Land Raider Crusader
Battalion Detachment — Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit, Longstrike, (1) Breacher Team with five Fire Warriors, (2) Strike Teams with five Fire Warrios and a Support Turret, (1) unit of 3 Crisis Battlesuits, (2) units of five Pathfinders, (1) unit of two TX4 Piranhas, TX7 Hammerhead Gunship, AX39 Sun Shark Bomber
Unbound Detachment — Vindicare Assassin
We have more photos available to view on Google Photos.
Highlights and Score Breakdown
- The Blood Angels were able to go first (since they deployed the fastest) and this proved to be a huge bonus for Max, flying into the midst of Brendan’s objectives on turn one with the Storm Raven.
- Dante deep struck down in the zone as well, allowing him to assault Long Strike (who barely survived!)
- The Tau then returned the favor, using the might of their Rail Guns to shoot the Storm Raven out of the sky.
- The next turn the Sanguinary Guard and Dreadnought fanned out and took the other too objectives
Max: 1 VP
Brendan: 0 VP
The speed of the Blood Angels assault force was just too much for the Tau to deal with and the Blood Angels burn and pillaged their way to a victory!