Another weekend double header set of games! First up: Brendan’s Tau try to secure a comet before Joe’s World Eaters can burn! maim! kill!
The game was ran using Power Levels.
Tau: 99 PL
World Eaters: 98 PL
Only War Mission:
We used the Open War cards to decide what the game type would be.
- The Objective: The Comet was the objective for the game. At the start of the third battle round, the players roll off. The winner divides the table in four equal quarters, and assigns a unique number from 1-4 to each quarter. The winner then rolls a dice and places an objective marker as close as possible to the center of the table quarter with the number that matches the result rolled. The player than controls the objective marker at the end of the fifth battle round wins the battle.
- The Twist: Orbital Debris was drawn. Each player rolls 3 dice at the start of their turn. For each roll of 6, they may pick a separate enemy unit and
inflict D3 mortal wounds upon it.
- The Ruse: Revenge! for the World Eaters. If Kharn was slain. For the rest of the battle, the World Eaters can add 1 to the wound rolls made for all model.
Using the Open War cards, the Arrowhead map was selected.
Battalion Detachment — Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit, Longstrike, (3) Strike Team of five Fire Warrors with a DS8 Tactical Support Turret, (1) unit of three XV8 Crisis Battlesuits, (1) unit of ten Pathfinders, (2) units of two TX4 Piranhas, (2) TX7 Hammerhead Gunships, AX39 Sun Shark Bomber
Unbound Imperium Detachment — Culexus Assassin, Vindicare Assassin
Joe’s World Eaters:
Outrider Detachment — Chaos Lord, (3) units of three Chaos bikers
Outrider Detachment — Exalted Champion, (3) units of five Khorne Raptors, Maulerfiend
Battalion Detachment — Dark Apostle, Kharn the Betrayer, (1) unit of ten Bloodletters, (2) units of ten Khorne Bezerkers, Hellforged Kharybdis Assault Claw
We have more photos available to view on Google Photos.
Highlights and Score Breakdown
- Brendan, with his newly painted army, used his Painted Reroll (house rule) to reroll the Twist card to change it from Acid Rain to Orbital Debris
- Joe went first and dropped his Assault Claw filled with Bezerkers near the Tau Hammerheads and Piranhas. The Piranhas did not survive.
- Both teams tried to take the other off the comet with the hammerheads trying to take out the maulerfiend, but to no avail.
Brendan: 0 VP
Joe: 0 VP
With both teams on the comet at the end of the game, neither force claimed it for themselves and the game was a draw.