We’re back with another Warhammer Wednesday battle. This week we saw Brendan’s Tau going up against the team of Shane’s Adeptus Mechanicus making an unholy alliance with Chaos Daemons to fight off the Greater Good.
The game was ran using Power Levels. Both sides had a total 70PL.
Only War Mission:
We used the Open War cards to decide what the game type would be.
- The Objective: Kill the Courier was the objective for the game. Each side picked a model to be their courier. The first team to kill their opponent’s courier, wins.
- The Twist: Grudge Match was drawn. All units pass morale morale tests!
Using the Open War cards, the Modified Spearhead map was selected
Battalion Detachment — Cadre Fireblade, Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit, (3) units of five Fire Warrior Strike Teams, (1) unit of three XV8 Crisis Battlesuits, XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit, (2) units of five Pathfinder Teams, KV128 Stormsurge
Shane’s Adeptus Mechanicus:
Unbound — Callidus Assassin, (1) unit of six five Infiltrators, (1) unit of two Sydonian Dragoons, (3) Onager Dunecrawlers
Jason’s Chaos Daemons:
Patrol Detachment — Daemon Prince of Nurgle with Wings, Herald of Tzeentch on a Disc, (1) unit of ten Pink Horrors, (1) unit of nine Nurglings, Giant Chaos Spawn of Khorne
We have more photos available to view on Google Photos.
Highlights and Score Breakdown
- The team’s couriers: Daemons/Ad Mech picked the Giant Chaos Spawn (it was the only unit that could regain wounds) and the Tau selected the Stormsurge (most wounds).
- The Giant Chaos Spawn took 9 wounds (out of 10 total) from the first round of shooting! Jason had REALLY lucky dice rolls and a lot of command points were used as well as two painted re-rolls (house rule, allowing a fully painted and based army to re-roll any die once per game).
- Shane’s Callidus Assassin also proved to be a thorn in Brendan’s side the first turn, rolling 4’s for every Reign of Confusion test. That made all of Brendan’s Stratagem rolls cost one extra CP!
- Lucky for the Stormsurge having a lot of wounds because a lot of successful Smites were thrown at it by the Deamons.
- Tau shooting is still no joke!
Brendan: 1 VP
Jason & Shane: 0 VP
The Giant Chaos Spawn tanked a lot of wounds in the first round but he just couldn’t fend off the Tau’s firepower and died by the first shots in the 2nd turn. Tau claim victory for the Greater Good!